GSCS International Ltd. is a leading provider of assessment, audit, inspection, certification and training services world-wide, operating from Bangladesh. GSCS offers exclusive solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, promoting sustainable development, upholding sustainability, reducing risk, improving performance, vindicating preservation of natural resources and material health of products, establishing recycling, reusing and reduction of wastages and many more. GSCS International Ltd. formerly knowns as Global Sustainable Certification Services Ltd. (herein by GSCS) established in 2010 and re-branded as GSCS International Ltd. in 2019.
GSCS got established its name on the year 2010 by Md. Abdul Mottaleb, a highly experienced professional, working in the field of sustainability, social fairness and material health of products for more than 17 years. From 2010 to till now, GSCS has entrenched its existence as a workforce, working to attain SDG 12, 6, 7, 8 and 17 throughout the society.
- GSCS is approved verifier and trainer body of Higg Index, developed by Sustainable Apparel Coalition, a suite of tools to accurately measure and score
a company or product’s sustainability performance.
- GSCS is also approved verifier and trainer body of SLCP, Social and Labour Convergence Program, developed by Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
- GSCS is a SEDEX Affiliate Audit Company for conducting SMETA audits over the globe in order to upheld social fairness and social, human and labour rights of workers.
- GSCS is currently working with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, on behalf of the German Government, on GRI
project, a leading sustainability reporting initiative to upheld SDG 12.
- GSCS has worked with IFC (International Finance Corporation) and World Bank on the project of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment to predict and assess potential environmental and social impacts of RMG, leather and footwear business.
- GSCS is working with UNDP Bangladesh to assess environmental and energy baseline.
- GSCS offers certification services on ISO Management System like ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, 22000, 50001, 26000, 27001, 28000, 13485 etc.
- GSCS offers Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Management Plan of a proposed project evaluating alternatives and designing appropriate mitigation, management and monitoring measures.
- GSCS offers HACCP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point, an internationally recognized, science-based system to ensure manufacture of risk-free and safe products.
- High competent and professional staffs of GSCS are working to establish GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) throughout the world.
GSCS is training providing body for Lead Auditor courses of ISO Management Systems, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 22000.
GSCS Accreditation / approval:
- Sedex Affiliate Audit Company (AAC)
- ISO 17065 accreditation (On process)
- APSCA Members Audit Firm
- SAC approved Higg Verifier Body (VB)
- SAC approved Trainer Body (TB)
- SLCP Verifier Body
- ISO 17021 accredited Certification Body
- CERES GmbH– GSCS is in collaboration with CERES GmbH, offering product certifications of GOTS, OCS, GRS, RCS, RDS and RWS to ensure traceability and material health of products in Bangladesh and Myanmar.
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH– GSCS is currently working with GIZ, on behalf of the German Government, on GRI project, a leading sustainability reporting initiative to upheld SDG 12.
- Jahangirnagar University– GSCS is also in collaboration with Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh to run Lead Auditor training courses to strengthen capacity of individuals coming into the fields of sustainability, clean energy and water, responsible consumption and production etc
Countries of Coverage:
Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Egypt, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sweden, USA, Thailand, Myanmar,Tunisia, Vietnam, Cambodia, China, Korea
GSCS is currently working with 1500+ operators and organizations over the world to corroborate organic consumption, sustainability, clean energy and water, hazardous chemical free production, recycling, reuse and reduce of wastages, potential reduction in consumption of natural resources, environmental upgradation and social fairness, so that a world liveable can be built by highly competent and advanced professional individuals.
Internal Quality Policy:
GSCS maintains robust Internal Quality Assurance Policy ensuring that assessment and auditing practice is monitored in order to ensure that they meet or exceed international and national standards. GSCS aims to maintain the consistency and accuracy of assessments and ensure continual development of working practices, resources, processes and procedures. This supports our aim to encourage and enable knowledge gathering and realise achievement through quality work. GSCS developed PCQM01- Quality Manual for product certification and GSCSQM01- General Management System Manual for different accreditation schemes.
GSCS has vigorous internal audit policy and procedure, impartiality policy and procedure, confidentiality policy and procedure to ensure check and measure at
every level of organization and valid, consistent assessment decisions are reached and external requirements are fully met. GSCS supports assessors to develop their internal capacity and continual professional development so that sturdy and tenable organizational capacity is built.
GSCS internal quality assurance includes:
- Impartiality (PCOP01- Impartiality Procedure)
- Client orientation
- Equal treatment for all clients
- Strict application of the standards and respective policies for certification
- A fair pricing system (PCOP06- Non Discriminatory Fees Structure)
- Fair payment for good work of our staff
- Regular training of the management and all staff (PCOP18- Training Procedure)
- Flat hierarchies
- High motivation of all staff
- Permanent auto and mutual evaluation of our activities and performance (PCOP02- Product Certification Procedure)
- Frequent, open and constructive communication between all individuals involved in the respective issues
- Being committed to environmental and social standards not only in what refers to certification, but also in the way we work and travel.
- Commitment to the Rainforest Alliance mission statement, as expressed in Accreditation Requirements for CBs.
- Confidentiality (PCOP03- Confidentiality Procedure)
- Anti Bribery and Corruption (PCOP04- Anti Bribery and Corruption Procedure)