ISO 19011 is an international standard that sets forth guidelines for management systems auditing, including the principles of auditing, managing an audit program and conducting management system audits, as well as guidance on the evaluation of competence of individuals involved in the audit process. These activities include the individual(s) managing the audit program, auditors and audit teams. It is applicable to all organizations that need to plan and conduct internal or external audits of management systems or manage an audit program.
The current version is ISO 19011:2018, developed by the International Organization for Standardization, which was Originally published in 1990 as ISO 10011-1 and in 2002 took the current ISO 19011 numbering. Since 19011:2018 is the third edition, it cancels and replaces the second edition (ISO 19011:2011), which has been technically revised.
What does it offer?
The standard offers four resources to organizations to “save time, effort and money”:
- A clear explanation of the principles of management systems auditing.
- Guidance on the management of audit programs.
- Guidance on the conduct of internal or external audits.
- Advice on the competence and evaluation of auditors.
- Further benefits of becoming certified
- Compliance with a legal or business requirement
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace by increasing marketing and sales opportunities
- Identifying risks and opportunities for the improvement of our organization
- Independent verification of system suitability & process reliability
- Enhancing business reputation & corporate image
- Establishing responsibility and commitment about a subject of concern
- Greater staff awareness of and responsibility for company obligations
- Better resource usage and reduced costs of failures
- Demonstrating “Due Diligence” to be in more legally defensible position against possible lawsuits.
- Improved consistency of service and product performance
- Improved operational efficiency and competitiveness hence reducing overheads
- Greater international acceptance and recognition
Why choose GSCS?
Throughout the entire certification process, we provide fair, unbiased and practical approach that includes understanding each individual client’s need. GSCS specializes in Certification, backed by an efficient IT system and a group of professionals and experts who will provide you with the process approach audits aimed at promoting continual improvement – enabling your organization to remain competitive globally. We eliminate red tape and bureaucracy and provide you with the most cost effective audits, which explain why we still remain as a dominant player in the certification business.
For more information about ISO 19011 please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org/info. We will be pleased to assist you.