What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 is a specification for an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a framework of policies and procedures that includes all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organisation’s information risk management processes. Information may be printed or written on paper, stored electronically, transmitted by post or email, shown on films, or spoken in conversation.
Why gets certified?
ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that you have identified the risks, assessed the implications and put in place systemised controls to limit any damage to the organisation. Benefits include: Increased reliability and security of systems and information. Improved customer and business partner confidence.
Further benefits of becoming certified
The ISO 27001 standard is intended to assist with these risks. It is easy to imagine the consequences and damage to a brand or organisation if its information was lost, destroyed, corrupted, burnt, flooded, sabotaged or misused.
- Information security management system compliant to ISO 27001 can help you demonstrate to clients and suppliers that you take information security seriously.
- An ever-growing number of companies require certification to ISO 27001 as a prerequisite for doing business.
- You will be able to make a public statement of capability without revealing your security processes.
- By ensuring controls are in place, you can reduce the risk of security threats and prevent systems from being exploited.
- Whatever the media the information takes, or means by which it is shared or stored, the ISO 27001 standard assists in providing a system approach an organisation ensure it is always appropriately protected.
- Customer’s satisfaction
- Proven business credentials
What is the certification process?
- Application for certification
- To send a quotation
- Aceptance by client
- Confirming scheduling for Stage 1 & Stage 2 audit
Initial Certification Audit
The assessment process is based on a 2 stages approach as follows:
Stage 1 – a basic audit to check whether the organisation is in a state of readiness for the stage 2 audit and involves the following:
- Confirm that the quality manual conforms to the requirements of the ISO 27001
- Production of a report that identifies any non-compliance or potential for non-compliance and
- Confirm the scope of certification including any justifiable exclusions
- Production of an assessment plan and confirm a date for the stage 2 assessment visit.
- Check legislative compliance
- Agree a corrective action plan if required.
Stage 2 – the purpose of this visit is to confirm that the quality management system fully conforms to the requirements of ISO 27001 in practice and involves the following:
- Undertake sample audits of the processes and activities defined in the scope of assessment
- Produce an audit programme and confirm a month and year for the first surveillance visit
- Document how the system complies with the standard
- Report any non-compliances or observations
Why choose GSCS?
GSCS is providing ASCB accredited certificate to clients. They choose us because they like our fair and practical approach throughout the entire certification process and how we understand and meet each individual client’s needs. We are providing-
- Network of Overseas Strategic Partners
- Fixed Cost & Competitive Quotations
- Accredited Certification
- International Accepted Certificates
- Industry Experienced Audit Team
- Defined & Agreed Project Timescales
- 24/7 Help Desk
Requirements of the ISO 27001 standard:
- Security policy
- Communications and operations management
- Organizational security
- Access control
- Asset classification and control
- System development and maintenance
- Personnel security
- Business continuity management
- Physical and environmental security
- Compliance with legislation
- For more information about ISO 27001 please contact us by phone +88 02 5508 6965 or email– email@example.com. We will be pleased to assist you.