What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 is an internationally recognised standard for occupational health and safety. It exists to help all kinds of organisations put in place demonstrably sound occupational health and safety performance.
Are there any guidance documents?
Yes. Organisations wishing to develop and become certified to the requirements of ISO 45001, should also consider the requirements set out in the following documents:
- BS 45002-0:2018 General guidelines for the application of ISO 45001.
- BS 45002-1:2018 Guidance on the management of occupational health
- BS 45002-2:2018 Guidance on Risks and Opportunities
- BS 45001-3:2018 Guidance on incident investigation
Why get certified?
ISO 45001 enables companies to focus on implementing health and safety systems which safeguard anyone coming into your work environment: clients, staff and contractors.
What if my organisation is already certified to OHSAS 18001?
If your organisation is already certified to the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007, then you have until 11th March 2021 to migrate your management system and certification to the requirements of ISO 45001. After this date, accredited certification to OHSAS 18001 will not be valid. To learn more about our migration process, please contact your local office.
Further benefits of becoming certified
- Compliance with a legal or business requirement
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Identifying problem areas and opportunities for improvement
- Independent verification of system suitability & process reliability.
- Enhancing business reputation & corporate image
- Showing people your care & commitment about a subject of concern
- Greater staff awareness of and responsibility for company obligations
- Better resource usage and reduced costs of failures.
- Demonstrating “Due Diligence” to be in more legally defensible position against possible lawsuits.
Why choose us?
Global Clients chose us in preference to others for a variety of reasons. In most cases it’s because they like our fair and practical approach throughout the entire certification process and how we understand and meet each individual client’s needs. In short the Quality of our Service.
Furthermore, GSCS are members of the HS/1 Committee for the development and writing of the ISO 45001 standard, so this puts us in a great position to audit the requirements of this standard.
Benefits of working with GSCS